Join Celeste Shirley on an 8-Day Yoga Retreat in October 2017 to the untouched paradise of Bali
Bali is a province of Indonesia, steeped in nature, tradition and rich history. It is one of the best holiday island destination in the world. An island of tranquility, beauty, culture and relaxation. Bali is known for its forested volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies, beautiful beaches and coral reefs. This October, join me for an 8 Day Rejuvenating, Nature Yoga Retreat.
With your accommodation and transportation (within Bali) arranged, this well packed adventure offers a perfect blend of the island’s popular highlights, 2 daily yoga exercise sessions with Celeste, often in nature and off-the beaten-path exploration on your own or with new friends.
Saturday, Oct 14th, 2017 - Saturday, Oct 21, 2017
*To arrive in Bali from Toronto for Saturday, October 14th the appropriate departure date is Thursday, October 12th. Please note, airfare is not included in the tour price and needs to be booked separately. Your Tour Guide Gia will have flight recommendations soon.*
$1769.00 CAD/Person (rate based on double occupancy; taxes not included)
Space is limited.
To confirm this tour, we require a non-refundable deposit of $700.00 Cdn/person. Non-refundable final payment is due no later than 60 days after deposit or by July 15th, whichever comes first.
For information regarding the Tour visit this link for full details. To Book click here
Day 1 – Saturday, Oct 14 – Arrival: Transfer to Hotel
- Welcome Reception
- First Night in Seminyak
- Seminyak is a beach town and has some of the most beautiful beaches in Bali so be sure to catch the sunset and enjoy the tranquil beauty of Seminyak. You may even have the chance to marvel at Balinese ceremonies on the beach, go to a spa, or shopping.
Day 2 – Sunday, Oct 15 – 2nd Night in Seminyak
- Explore Seminyak on your own
Day 3 – Monday, Oct 16 – 1st Night in Ubud
- Check-out and departs Seminyak
Private, Guided Full Day Tour: Denpasar City and South Bali Tour.
- Denpasar Market: We begin our tour to visit Denpasar city (capital of Bali Province) to experience daily life of the Balinese people. The market sells everything from meat, fruits and vegetable, textile material to temple procession equipment. The market opens 24 hours. The main shopping center opens during the day and the parking lot opens in late evening till early morning.
- Museum Bali: The museum was rebuilt in 1932 after the original building was destroyed by an earthquake in 1917. The museum is the home to a collection of prehistoric pieces, traditional artifacts and old paintings.
- Sanur Beach: Seaside town, long stretch beach with shallow waters. It used to be a fishing village but has become an international destination for resorts. Yet it maintains most of its charm, wealth in arts and culture making it an ideal destination to enjoy the best of both eras, classic and contemporary.
- Uluwatu Temple: Temple was built in the 11th century, located in the south western tip of the island, edge of the cliff, about 100 meters high above sea level. Best place to view sunset.
- Kecak and Fire Dance: At Uluwatu Temple, the Kecak dance consists of about fifty men wearing only a loin-cloth, and chanting the words Cak ke-cak ke-cak ke-cak ke-cak in rhythm, over and over again. The Kecak dance is performed for dance-dramas and the story presented is taken from the Ramayana epic.
Day 4 – Tuesday, Oct 17 – 2nd Night in Ubud
- Authentic Balinese Cooking Class: Spend a half-day Learning the secrets of Balinese organic cooking using traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen
Day 5 – Wednesday, Oct 18 – 3rd Night in Ubud
Private, Guided Full Day Tour: Kintamani Volcano and Cultural dance Tour
- Barong Dance (cultural dance): Visit Batubulan Village to see Barong and Keris dance, performance starts at 9:30 am and finish at 10:30 am. The Barong play represents an eternal fight between good and evil spirit.
- Mount Batur Volcano: One of the more popular tour is a visit to see an active volcano, located in the Kintamani District.
- Bali Coffee Processing: A chance to see how the world’s most expensive coffee beans – Kopi Luwak or Civet coffee is processed. You will also get a chance to sample Bali coffee, lemon tea, ginger tea, coconut tea, choco tea, etc…
- Tirta Empul: Tirta Empul Temple or Holy Spring Water Temple, located in the Tampaksiring region near Gunung Kawi Temple. The temple was built around the springs and special bathing-pools.
- Tegenungan Waterfall: one of tourist destination. The Tegenungan Waterfall is about 4 metres in height, surrounded by beautiful scenery and lush tropical green trees growing on the riverbank. So be sure to bring your bathing suit for a refreshing dip.
Day 6 – Thursday, Oct 19 – 3rd Night in Ubud
- Green Village: A short visit to Green Village and Bamboo Factory with lunch. Green Village is a master-planned community of eighteen dramatically unique homes, hand-constructed by the Ibuku team. Each home is custom designed and rigorously engineered to embody the inherent strengths and versatility of bamboo.
- Remember to bring along your bathing suit for a dip in their salt water pool.
Day 7 – Friday, Oct 20 – 4th Night in Ubud
Private, Guided Full Day Tour: Beduguil and Tanah Lot Temple Tour
- Taman Ayun Temple: Built in 1634, the temple is designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Culture, it is also the Royal Family Temple in Mengwi.
- Jatiluwih Rice Terraces: Designated as UNESCO – World Heritage Culture site: Farmers still use traditional equipment to manage their land and a place to see huge rice terraces, coffee plantation, durian trees, cacao, bamboo, avocado trees.
- Gong Jatiluwih Restaurant and Lounge: Located at the Jati Luwih rice terrace. This restaurant offers panorama view and photo op.
- Ulundanu Beratan Temple: temple dedicated to the Gods of lake or waters. Temple was founded in the 17th century by the King of Mengwi. Outside yard there is a Buddhist temple.
- Tanah Lot Temple: Temple perched on a little rocky islet, built in the 16th century. It is one of Bali’s most important landmark and beautiful sunset.
Day 8 – Saturday, Oct 21 – Departure
- Transfer to airport after breakfast
Required Passenger Details
Full name as it appears on passport
Date of Birth
Passport issue date
Passport expiry date
Existing Medical Conditions
Emergency contact /Next of Kin (Name, address, phone, email)
Cruise Holidays | At Your Service reserve the right to make last minute changes to itinerary as per required. For example, in case Celeste Shirley cannot lead this group at the last minute, Celeste Shirley and Cruise Holidays | At Your Service reserve the right to find a replacement. Should you decide to cancel this tour due to changes of Tour Leader/Yoga Instructor, the Yoga Program is refundable, the $300.00 deposit is non-refundable and the Bali Culture Tour is cancellable as per Cancellation Policy above.
*Price includes: All taxes & fees; Yoga Program with daily practice; Airport transfers, Private shuttles for day excursions; Guided tours; some meals and all Gratuities.
*Note included: Air and Travel Insurance
*Mandatory – Emergency Medical Insurance that covers for both emergency evacuation and repatriation to the sum of $200,000.00 USD, Interruption & Cancellation Insurance – I am available to send a quote at the time of tour inquiry.
*Cash for meals not included with tour
*Additional information will be provided prior to departure.