Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe
A Yoga House Favourite—Chocolate Yoga
- 3 avocados
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, or 1 – ¼ cup soft dates (as an alternative sweetener).
- 1 tbsp non-alcohol vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup organic cocoa powder (add a touch more for “darker” chocolate) adding more to taste if needed
- 1 pint strawberries or raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- If you are using dates: pit the dates and cover with fresh water to soften for 5 to 15 minutes.
- In a food processor: blend avocados with sweet ingredients, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon in cocoa powder and blend until creamy.
- Layer with fresh berries in a wine glass and top with fresh mint
- Will stay fresh in sealed container in fridge 3-4 days (I freeze it for 2 months!)
- ½ cup almonds, soaked in fresh water for 8 hours
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 4 – 6 soft dates pitted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch sun dried sea salt
- In a food processor: Chop nuts into a fine meal.
- Add dates and maple or honey and chop until well mixed
- Add cinnamon and a pinch of salt
- The texture should be crumbly and sticky.
- Press evenly into a pie plate
- Sliced strawberries or bananas can be layered into the bottom of the pie crust
- Spread the mousse evenly into the pie crush and generously top with fresh berries
- and mint